Behind The Scenes
Behind the scenes. The truth about Nany.
She is not a very nice person until she sweats ... she doesn’t drink coffee nor alcohol and chooses mostly natural sugars in her diet to avoid getting a sugar crash, brain fog and hormonal imbalances. Soooooo her life could be really boring 😐 instead, she has made exercise her "thang"!
Totally not glamorous and she is more often than not stinky since caring for her 50 kids (ok, 3 ... potato - potah-to) rarely allows for her to shower before bedtime 🙊.
And here is where the real behind the scenes come in. Contrary to what most would think, she only exercises 4-5 days out of the week and the longest day is actually when she is teaching her 1 hour weekly Zumba class. About 90% of her exercises last less than 30 minutes and are done in her backyard or bedroom 🤨 you could even say she is pretty lazy for a fitness instructor.
Remember the 50 kids she mentioned she has? THEY are her on going exercise. She is on the trampoline with them, playing “ghost in the graveyard” running the length of the back and front yard, weeding the garden, nothing to say for all the duck/duck/goose chases 🤪.
She chooses the stairs more than the elevator. She parks far from the entrance of the grocery store. She rides bikes with her family on Sunday afternoons - all in all, the activity in her life is through life itself.
Here are the nuggets for today:
1. Set a schedule where you work on a specific body part/skill on the same day every week. Remember that simple goes a long way, so even if it's walk for 20 minutes during a lunch break at work, or after dropping off the kids at school, it is still better than not doing it. Having a plan makes it easier to adjust when life happens and you are required to be flexible. Also it takes the guess work out of the way.
2. Set the specific time you will be exercising. The more specific you are the easier it is to stick to the schedule. DO NOT leave it up to chance or be vague such as, "while the kids are at school". That is a 2-6 hours span that you could get a whole lot of nothing done. Ex: Tuesday from 9-9:30 - Yoga. If you use a planner write it down, put it on your phone, make it a real appointment with yourself.
3. Be compassionate. Implementing a new habit will pose challenges, it won't be perfect and you will have many frustrating days when you simply don't get to it. Oh well, dwelling in shame won't get your butt moving any closer to creating and sustaining lifestyle habits to up-level your health. Count your wins, remember that the little "failures" throughout the day don't reflect your value and list 3 things you are grateful for that day. If anything, you have running water, access to the internet (since you are reading this post) and a body that is a God-given gift. We will try again tomorrow.
4. Follow trainers/athletes/public figures that motivate you and add value to your life on Social Media. A lot of my exercise routines I get from the quick 10-15 minute work outs posted by the fitness mentors I follow or have learned from in the past.
5. Remember that health and fitness aren't the same. Staying fit can certainly decrease your risk for lifestyle related disease but it doesn't mean your cells are healthy. It's an important piece of the puzzle but not the whole puzzle. Cellular Nutrition, Sleep Habits, Stress Hormone Balance , Hydration and all the "text book" answers are the other pieces that complete the puzzle. Now girl, don't go getting all overwhelmed on me. Baby steps, daily progression towards sustainable habits is the name of this game. Just like life itself, good health is a compound effect of daily choices. Choose one aspect and go with it, then another and so forth. Want some ideas on where to start? Connect With Me for a free 30 min. consultation and we will figure it out together. Note: I only do 3 consultations per week so my schedule might be a few weeks out. Sign up now and I'll get to you as soon as possible!
Now, go give the lady inside of the mom some TLC today 💓 EVERYONE around her will be more fully loved for it, include herself 😉